Phew! We did it! We survived Thanksgiving! I don’t know about your schedule- but mine was jam packed! Between three celebrations and babysitting my almost two year nephew we were on the move! It was a fun (& exhausting) week and I’m so excited to by changing gears and getting into some fun cookie bakes!
This recipe comes to you all today from my very best friend and fellow blogger Bree. You can follow her here at breeangelo.com. This eggnog cookie is one that comes from her annual family cookie bake! I hope you enjoy it!
Here we go!
Begin by mixing dry ingredients (flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and baking powder) and set aside.
Cream butter and cream cheese.
Add the sugar and beat until smooth. (I don’t know what I’m doing with my hand)
Scrape sides and beat in the egg.
Scrape sides and add vanilla and eggnog.
Add your dry ingredients in thirds. The dough becomes very sticky, so I had to tap out the hand mixer in favor of the silicone spatula.
Chill dough for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350℉ and prep your baking sheets. I use silicone sheets and they were the best gift I’ve received in a long time! (thanks Mike!)
Form approximately 1 inch balls- I used a 1 ½ tablespoon scooper. Roll in powdered sugar and place on your baking sheet about an inch apart. (they puff up quite a bit!)
Let cool on the sheet for 10 minutes and then move to a wire cooling rack.
Enjoy!! What’s your favorite holiday beverage? Let me know down below and I’ll see you next week!
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ cup butter
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup eggnog
- 1 tsp vanilla
- powdered sugar for rolling
- Combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and baking powder. Whisk and set aside.
- In a second bowl, beat cream cheese and butter together. Add sugar and cream together until smooth. Scrape sides and beat in the egg. Scrape sides again and add vanilla and eggnog.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in thirds. Once combined chill dough for 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350℉ and line your baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Form one inch balls with the dough and roll in the powdered sugar.
- Place on the baking sheet about an inch apart.Bake for 10-12 minutes.The cookies will look slightly underdone but they will firm up as they cool.
- Let cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before moving to a wire cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container at room temp. They will keep for one week. Or you can freeze!