Here’s a super simple party appetizer that’s a cinch to whip up, but one might not think to make it! Mike and I always used to buy a prepared tray from Pick N Save when we would have our movie nights at home. But more often than not, we’ve already got most of these ingredients in the fridge! So now, instead of buying the taco dip from the grocery store (and picking off all the gross black olives and tomatoes) I can make this at home and cater it to my tastes!
- Shredded Iceberg Lettuce
- Cheese- Mexican Blend, Cheddar, or whatever
- 16 oz sour cream
- Taco seasoning packet
- Green onions
- Optional: Jalapenos, tomatoes, black olives
- Combine your sour cream and ¾ of the pack of taco seasoning (unless you’re bold.. Then go for the whole pack!)
- Layer your seasoned sour cream at the bottom of your serving dish.
- Over that, layer some cheese
- Next the lettuce
- Sprinkle on a little bit more cheese
- Top with your green onions and other optional toppings if you desire!
~PS Keep scrolling for an extra recipe!~
BONUS JONAS RECIPE:
Salsa and Cream Cheese Dip
This is a recipe so simple, so painfully simple that I almost don’t even want to call it a recipe! So I’m going to toss it into the bottom of this recipe as a Bonus Jonas 🙂 This is more so an awareness of yummy flavors! I first learned this concoction when I was around 14-15 years old and we had some relatives in town from San Antonio and they made this for a family party. Be warned, this dip turns a lovely shade of pink which can be a little shocking at first glance, but trust me, it’s delicious! Just trust me on this one.. I know what you’re thinking, “she’s lost it this time.. First the pickle bread and now this!” This is sure to become a new favorite of yours, just as it has become a favorite in my family! Enjoy!
- 8oz softened cream cheese
- 16 oz jar of Pace Salsa- temperature to your liking, I went with Mild
*Note, you may add more salsa to make the dip a thinner consistency if you would prefer. It should be a slightly chunky consistency.
- Chunk up your softened cream cheese
- Add about half the jar of salsa to the cream cheese
- Mix until well combined. It’s a weird looking dip.. I know! She doesn’t photograph well!
- Chill until ready to serve. Enjoy with tortilla chips, pretzels, or any kind of chip that you would enjoy salsa and cream cheese!
Let me know what you think about these quick and easy recipes down below! I’d love to hear your thoughts!