So to know me is to know my love of Buffalo Chicken. Buffalo Chicken Dip is a STAPLE for me with any event I host or am invited to. For Super Bowl Sunday, I decided to try and different variation of my go-to dip. I was inspired by the individual cups from Real Food By Dad which I will link here. I took his idea for the individual cups and added my own Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe. Give these a try, they were super cute and fun to make!
32oz canned chunk chicken
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup ranch dressing
1 cup buffalo sauce, I like Frank’s
1 8 oz package of cream cheese (softened)
won ton wrappers, I ended up using about 30
Chives, for topping
Mini muffin/cupcake tin
It’s Snack Time:
- Preheat the oven to 350℉
- Drain the chicken and empty into your working bowl
- Smash up the chicken with the back of a spoon to make “shreds”
- Add your softened cream cheese, ranch, buffalo, and shredded cheese to the bowl and mix to combine. *
- Set aside your bowl of dip and put in the fridge while we move on to the next step.
- Grab your mini muffin tin, and if it’s not a non-stick pan, go ahead and give it a quick spray of non-stick spray.
- Fit your won ton wrappers into the muffin cavities and bake at 350℉ for 5-7 minutes, or until golden brown.
- After the wrappers are done cooking, let them rest on a cooling rack.
- Grab your dip out the the fridge, and scoop out one tablespoon to fill the cups.
- Place your cups back in the muffin tin, or a cookie sheet, cover with foil and bake at 300℉ for about 10 minutes.
- After your ten minutes are up, and I know you’re dying to dig in.. but bear with me, you”ll now want to top the cups with the chives!
Dish them up and grab them while they’re hot! Enjoy!
*Note: You can make the buffalo dip in a large pan or in a crock pot. If you choose to make it in a pan, you’ll need about half cup of cheese for topping the dip before putting in the oven. 350℉ for about 10 minutes or until the cheese melts. If you’re opting for the crock pot life: I recommend setting it to low to avoid the cheese burning and stir frequently! Serve with tortilla chips, crackers, or celery sticks!