Hello everyone! I’ve been gone for a while and I’m sorry! Life has been a little bit crazy for me lately, but I’m trying to get back on the blogging train!!
Ok, so today we will be making one of my MOST FAVORITE cookies EVERRRRR! Snickerdoodles! It’s a silly name, but honestly so so yummy. It’s a delicious cinnamon sugar cookie that’s a cinch to whip up, and they will be gone before you know it! Like everything here it’s easy peasy! I found this recipe from Lilluna.com and I will link the recipe here.
Let me tell you that these did not last longer than a week at my house. So be ready for these to fly off the tray, or from the jar! I had a hard time keeping Mike away while these cooled! 🙂
My mouth is already watering.. So let’s get started!
1 cup softened butter
1 ½ cups sugar
2 ¾ cups flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
For the topping:
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
The Snickerdoodling process:
- Mix together your dry team: flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl we are going to make the wet team, cream your sugar and butter. Add your eggs to this and mix well.
- Introduce your dry team to your wet team and mix mix mix!
- In a separate bowl or plate make your coating mixture with your 2 tablespoons of sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Roll your dough into roughly 1 inch balls and roll into your cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Pop those bad boys on an ungreased cookie sheet and cook at 350 for 8-10 minutes. I like to smoosh them just a little bit to help them flatten out!
- Let the rest for about 5 minutes in the pan before moving to a cooling rack.
- Enjoy! And grab them while you can!
Let me know how these turned out for you!