My friend and I were getting together to make plans for an upcoming bachelorette party for our other friend and we needed a small snack/ light lunch to munch on while we worked. I remembered I had a recipe I wanted to try, and here we are! This is a quick and easy recipe for stuffed mushrooms. I made mine in a toaster oven, so no preheating is necessary.
This can be modified in any way that you like, and if you have any filling left over, it tastes great with some chips! 🙂 Bon apetit!
- 8oz package of white mushrooms
- ¼ cup of whipped cream cheese
- 2 tbs of parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp of Jane’s Krazy Mixed-Up Salt – OR your favorite combination of salt and herbs
- 4 tbs of Panko style bread crumbs: 2 tbs for the filling and about another 2 tbs for the topping
- About 2 tbs of finely chopped spinach(Optional) Make sure it’s dry
- 4 Strips of crispy bacon finely chopped
Here we go!
-Start by washing the mushrooms, afterwards dry them well.
-Next we’ll pop out the stems so that there is a nice empty space for us to stuff! (If you wiggle the stem around a bit it helps to pop it out.)
-The filling is next, mix up your cream cheese, parmesan cheese, panko, salt, bacon, and spinach if you want it. (It’s not the most photogenic filling, but dang it’s good!)
-Stuff your mushroom caps and top with the remaining panko for an added crunch. Place them on a greased cookie sheet
-Place the tray in the toaster oven for 15 minutes at 350 degrees fahrenheit.
-Plate and serve them warm! Eat them up! They will go fast!